Hi, my name is Christophe Kalenzaga and I’m a software development engineer from France.
As far as I remember, I’ve always used computers. I began with the MS-DOS commands to run video games when I was 5. At 12, I started learning BASIC because I wanted to make video games. After I realized that I could only make some screen text games, I stopped. At 14, I created a static web site in HTML and then started learning PHP/MySQL but I stopped after a few months. It’s only during my Master’s degree in CS that I resumed programming.
When I was student, I worked on very interesting projects like
- the first prototype of a tactile and interactive table for a research Project (TATIN project)
- a bittorent application on a dynamic ad hoc network (using a simulator for the network layer)
I’ve been working in IT since 2010 and I’ve worked on multiple technologies:
- C/C++ (a little bit)
- Oracle 10G and DB2 9.7 (I’ve done a lot of SQL queries and some database optimizations)
- I’ve been working with ETL (Informatica then Ab-initio which is way better).
- During 3 years, I’ve worked a lot with Java and Spring (which I really like)
- At the end of 2014, I started working on Big Data (Hadoop, Pig, Hive, HBase, …)
My main interests in IT are:
- distributed systems
- software craftsmanship
I decided to start this blog in order to share my passion with people like me and to improve my knowledge.
I hope you’ll enjoy it.